Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Things that inspire me: Victoria Beckham

I know that this post may be a bit cliche, as it seems that most anyone that likes women, fashion, etc. is inspired by Victoria Beckham- -but she is pretty much a living doll (and I love the Marc Jacobs ad campaign where he really exacerbated that fact), and I am inspired by her dedication to always look interesting and amazing and chic and and and....
My boyfriend, Nial doesn't understand me when I say that I find women of Victoria's stature to be "beautiful" because he likens her body to be unhealthy and skeletal- -and it probably is, but I don't care- -I love it. I love the way clothing looks on her body, and the clothes that she selects to adorn said body are nothing less than spectacular. Where so many women embrace a life of comfort and functionality once they get married and have children, Victoria continues to stun for soccer games and red carpet events with equal fervor and dedication. She makes me want to style my hair just to do the dishes.

Thanks, Victoria. If I didn't have the bone structure of an Amazonian Rugby player, her figure is one to which I may aspire. But, in lieu of that being a metaphysical impossibility- -I'll enjoy the photos.
















No comments:

Post a Comment