Friday, July 15, 2011

Things That Inspire Me: ART

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but it's summer in the Pacific Northwest...i.e. it's mandatory for me to spend every possible moment in the sunshine getting my year's supply of Vitamin D. Check and check. Aside from that, Nial and I have been busy with house projects GALORE. You wouldn't even recognize my house, and I know this because I hardly notice it.

Anyway, back to the main point. When the sun is out, my creative juices emerge from hibernation and I actually want to paint and create again. My usual creative vehicle is random abstract mixed media art projects (less pressure) which I spend countless hours working on, and then inevitably chuck into some kind of heap of sad, art purgatory. I'm more enthralled with the process than anything else. Long story long, here are some of the abstract pieces that are making me twitch. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment